Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#13242189 May 12, 2017 at 03:16 PM · Edited 20 days ago
13 Posts
So far the path has been pretty standard for unlocking as far as we know. I thought I would make a post letting new players know what's been done. Holocrons seem to be the only way so far to check status of unlocking as shrines only have an examine option and no meditate option.

1/5: Seems to be POI badges and it varies from toon to toon. The Holocron says something about "you stare at this strange object trying to figure it out. You must search the galaxy for clues." Once you have the required POI badges you move to the next step.
2/5: "A mysterious voice says, "In order to continue your path to enlightenment you must learn master X."
At this step your Holocron will be consumed and given the next profession to grind. So far no one has gotten past this point. The farthest player's have gotten at this time is 9 professions. Gospel has tried using a second Holocron to see if it would give a different profession without finishing the first but it was a repeat.
Will update when someone passes the hologrind and see what is coming up next.
Has also been noted by the devs that rebel/imp faction has no part of the unlock system.
3/5: Once you complete your last Holocron profession it will tell you that you need to continue your search on your own. This part is anyone's guess and can have many unknown factors to your unlock.
4/5: You get a pop up to go meditate somewhere quiet alone. At this point you a basically unlocked so don't die.
+3
#13355134 Jul 18, 2017 at 04:06 AM
6 Posts
I am new on the server What is the Unlock Method Now?
+0
#13355146 Jul 18, 2017 at 04:28 AM · Edited 2 months ago
CSR
11 Posts
Hi Morpheus, welcome to Aftermath.

After the holocrons go silent no one knows for sure what the next steps are.

There is potentially a silent profession that requires mastering as more than one person has said they unlocked after mastering a random profession.

The length of time since the creation of your character could also be a factor.

There may also be other variables involved that we don't know about.

The admins have said though that they'll never reveal the precise method to unlock.

Edit: I forgot to add there's a channel in discord dedicated to the discussion of the unlock so feel free to jump in.
+0
#13429995 Sep 07, 2017 at 08:51 PM · Edited 1 month ago
6 Posts
so the unlock method will be changing with the Merge tomorrow but the skill trees staying the same?

Just wondering cause think I am close to my 45 days but if its changing I might as well just wait to continue
+0
#13430351 Sep 08, 2017 at 04:45 AM
CSR
11 Posts
Yes, if you go to the jedi_publish9upgrade channel in discord and put the details of your character in there one of the admins will be able to credit you depending on how much of the unlock path you've already completed.
+0
#13431683 Sep 09, 2017 at 02:56 AM
1 Post
so im still new on here, i havent been able to play on here because for some reason i havent been able to get the download and install to work right for some odd reason, but so from what i understand is it still hologrind and jedi village for unlock or what is it now?
+0
#13431726 Sep 09, 2017 at 04:55 AM
CSR
11 Posts
Welcome Vlhad, hopefully we can get you sorted and in game.

There's no longer any kind of hologrind. The swgemu publish 9 has been integrated into Aftermath so the village is now part of the unlock process.

The /check command has also been enabled so you can see how close you are to accessing the village.

The steps required to achieve "glowy" are up to the players themselves to figure out. You'll find chat regarding this in the jedi_unlock_discussion channel on discord.
+0
Page 1