Notify Message
Forums
Page 1
Search
#13393164 Aug 12, 2017 at 05:14 PM
5 Posts
I am stuck at the "Generating Terrain" stage of log-in. It sits there for 1-2 minutes, then dumps me back to the character selection screen.

I have checked for launcher updates, and ran a full scan. All was good, including swgemu_login.cfg

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
+0
#13393187 Aug 12, 2017 at 05:48 PM · Edited 2 months ago
Admin
79 Posts
Hi devApe.

If you could, can you jump into our Discord? One of our Staff members will have an easier time assisting you in there.

If you can't access Discord. Please message me your account and character names and we will have a look to make sure your character isn't bugged or anything.
+1
#13393203 Aug 12, 2017 at 06:10 PM
5 Posts
Thanks Dirtnose, I just messaged you my account and character name.

Thanks!
+0
#13393246 Aug 12, 2017 at 06:42 PM
Admin
79 Posts
Do you get any sort of error message when it bumps you back? Have you had any success logging into this character at all? As much info as you can give me will help me work out the issue.

Can you make a second character for me and see if the issue happens on that toon as well? Then let me know the results. Thanks.
+1
#13393319 Aug 12, 2017 at 07:55 PM
5 Posts
No error messages. This is my first day, I just joined the server a few hours ago. I have not logged in any characters yet. Tried to make a second toon, no luck - it just hangs on "Creating Character" stage.
+0
#13393356 Aug 12, 2017 at 08:36 PM
5 Posts
I started over from scratch, reinstalled everything. I used a copy of my SWGEmu folder as the base, deleting all the existing folders except the four mentioned in the "How to connect" page.

Now I can create a new character (Spatz), and I spawn onto the space station. Within a minute or two of spawning on the station though, I get "Connection to SWG Lost" message, and get dumped back to the character selection screen.

+0
#13393585 Aug 13, 2017 at 03:19 AM
Admin
79 Posts
Hmmm very strange. Can you make sure you're running the launcher and game in admin mode for me? Also make sure the game is running in the correct resolution and full screen.

Let me know if that helps.
+1
#13394550 Aug 13, 2017 at 09:10 PM
5 Posts
Yes, game and launcher were in admin. Resolution was default, full screen.

As of now, I've got it working. I wish I could say I knew what I did to get it working, but I'm just not sure. I found that I was having the same issue with SWGEmu (Basilisk) as well. I uninstalled the SWGEmu launcher, and reinstalled. That seemed to fix the issue with SGWEmu, and it appears that it somehow fixed my other connections as well. Not sure how that happened, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thanks for all your help Dirtnose!
+0
#13395158 Aug 14, 2017 at 07:49 AM
Admin
79 Posts
#13394550 devApe wrote:

Yes, game and launcher were in admin. Resolution was default, full screen.

As of now, I've got it working. I wish I could say I knew what I did to get it working, but I'm just not sure. I found that I was having the same issue with SWGEmu (Basilisk) as well. I uninstalled the SWGEmu launcher, and reinstalled. That seemed to fix the issue with SGWEmu, and it appears that it somehow fixed my other connections as well. Not sure how that happened, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thanks for all your help Dirtnose!

That's great news! Glad you got it working. Welcome to the server.
+0
Page 1